The Public Enterprise “Parks and Greenery” has been established by the City of Skopje.
Its basic activity is landscaping and maintenance of the public green spaces through:
- Maintenance of the public urban greenery
- Maintenance of the public extra-urban greenery
PE “Parks and Greenery” performs activity of public interest in the communal sphere on the territory of the City of Skopje. It realizes its activity through the implementation of the Work program adopted by the City Council of Skopje. As the only public enterprise that is engaged in creating, landscaping and maintenance of the green spaces on the territory of the City of Skopje, it is a service of the citizens monitored by the professional services of the City of Skopje.
The PE “Parks and Greenery” implements its activity through:
- Maintenance of the public urban greenery – greenery by the boulevards, greenery within city blocks, tree alleys and parks which are created in accordance with the urban design.
- Establishing of new public green spaces and parks.
- Horticultural landscaping of closed areas (industrial objects, school yards, hospitals).
- Maintenance of extra-urban greenery (Park-forest Vodno, Gazi Baba, Sports recreation center Saraj, Recreational center Treska Lake and protected area Matka).
- Building of supporting elements in the parks, park inventory ,viewpoints, bench making and setting up,etc.
- Planting windbreaks and shelterbelts
- Afforestation of bare and erosive terrains.
PE Parks and Greenery is the founder of two limited liability companies: